Call for entries
We are glad to announce that the 7th Worldfilm festival will be held in Tartu, Estonia, on March 22nd–28th, 2010!
Worldfilm is a documentary film festival, developing interest towards anthropological, analytical approach to cultures and societies. We welcome film entries from all over the world. Especially the independent filmmakers who are not part of mainstream commercial filmmaking are encouraged to submit their works. We also encourage submitting student films.
Each year, the festival becomes a lively community of filmmakers and the audience. We invite authors of the submitted films to be present at our festival in order to introduce their films and discuss their works after the screening. If sufficient funding becomes available, the festival can partly cover the travel costs and/or the accommodation.
The event is open to everybody, including creative, curious and knowledgeable filmmakers, scholars, students and all the others, who care about the world around them and love the films bringing this world closer to them.
About 50 films will be screened during the festival week. In addition to the film program, the festival presents round tables, workshops, exhibitions and special programs. The festival has no competition program.
We welcome you to Tartu!
Director of the festival
In order to submit Your film:
1) complete the entry form (download here)
2) send a printed and signed version of the entry form with the preview-copy of the film (DVD in English or with English subtitles), biography&filmography, and synopsis (all in both electronic and print format) to the following address:
Pille Runnel, Taavi Tatsi
Estonian National Museum
J. Kuperjanovi 9
For the selected films, photos and transcripts of the dialogue and commentary should be made available on request.
Deadline for entries and delivery of preview tapes: October 15th 2009
- copy of the film on DVD or VHS
- a signed entry form (download from www.worldfilm.ee)
- synopsis in English, abt. 200 words (both print and electronic version)
- short biography and filmography of the director (both print and electronic version)
Conditions of participation:
- The film production date should be later than January 1st 2007.
- Suitable screening formats (PAL): Betacam SP (2 audio channels), DVCAM, MiniDV
- Original version with English subtitles
- Worldfilm festival does not offer a screening fee